More service and reroutes in place for fireworks on July 22, 26, and 29
VANCOUVER, BC – TransLink is boosting transit service during the three Celebration of Light fireworks evenings in downtown Vancouver to ensure customers get to and from the events safely and conveniently.
The following changes will be in effect on July 22, 26, and 29:
Extra bus service will be in place throughout Metro Vancouver, including downtown Vancouver starting at 5:00 p.m.
- Special pre-event shuttle service will run from both Burrard Station and Waterfront Station to the intersection of Cardero Street and Robson Street.
- Special post-event shuttle service will run from the intersection of Bidwell Street and West Georgia Street.
- Post-event service will drop customers off at the intersection of Burrard Street and West Georgia Street, then continue to Waterfront Station.
- Post-event service to West and North Vancouver will run from the intersection of West Georgia Street and Denman Street.
- Due to street closures, routes 2,5,6, and 23 will be rerouted.
SkyTrain will operate every 2-3 minutes before and after the fireworks.
- Burrard, Granville, and Waterfront stations will have modified access to entrances due to the potential for crowding.
- Bikes will not be permitted on SkyTrain after 10:30 p.m.
SeaBus sailings will extend to 15-minute service from 9:15 p.m. to 11:15 p.m. 30-minute sailings will resume after 11:15 p.m. until 1:22 a.m.
West Coast Express will operate a special train on Saturday, July 29.
- One train will leave Mission City Station at 7:00 p.m. and arrive at Waterfront Station at 8:15 p.m.
- The return train will begin boarding at Waterfront Station at 11:00 p.m. and depart at midnight.
Due to anticipated large passenger volumes, customers should factor in some additional travel time. Extra Transit Police, Transit Security, and SkyTrain Attendants will be at stations to ensure customers get to and from events safely.
Taking transit is convenient, affordable, and helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the region. TransLink encourages customers to take transit to and from the Celebration of Light as part of a Car Free Summer.
Go to translink.ca/alerts for SkyTrain station access information and full bus service details. Plan your journey with Trip Planner, sign up for Transit Alerts, follow TransLink on Twitter @TransLink, or call Customer Service at 604.953.3333.
TransLink Media Relations