The Real Estate Division is responsible for all land assets and rights held by TransLink and its operating companies. Our objectives are to acquire, manage and dispose of TransLink's properties in a manner that optimizes revenue, reduces capital and operating costs and supports TransLink's goals for transportation infrastructure and a healthy environment.
TransLink Real Estate Areas of Responsibility
- land acquisition for transit infrastructure development including expropriations
- lease and tenant management
- property and asset management
- Statutory Right of Way (SRW) management and enforcement
- disposal of surplus properties
- acquisition of strategic real estate assets
- integrated developments
- adjacent developments
- portfolio management and strategy
Is your project in proximity to TransLink infrastructure or integrating into transit assets? Then fill out our Adjacent and Integrated Development Request Form at the bottom of this page.
Adjacent and Integrated Development
Developers interested in building in proximity to TransLink infrastructure, or integrating into any transit assets, will require TransLink's approval prior to the start of any work. This includes:
- crane swings
- soil anchors
- potential settlement from development and preloading
- structures with opening windows above and next to the guideway or station
- vibration from neighbouring development
- construction debris
- hazardous materials
- any form of physical connection to the transit infrastructure
- any works that would impinge upon the transit statutory right of way
More information can be found in our Equipment Limits of Approach: Contractor Safety While Working Near SkyTrain brochure.
All adjacent and integrated development projects subject to review as follows:
- project overview presentation from development partner
- agree and execute funding letter
- developer provides a letter of credit for TransLink costs
- TransLink conducts detailed project review
- TransLink and developer agree to mitigation and/or monitoring plan
- detailed adjacent or integration development agreement is developed and executed
- ongoing project monitoring and due diligence until project completion
Adjacent and Integrated Development Request Form
Please submit the following form if your project is in proximity to TransLink infrastructure or is integrating into any transit assets.
(max. 1000 characters)
Have a general question or inquiry?
Visit our Customer Service section for contact information and details on how to get in touch with us.