TransLink understands that on certain occasions our customers may be unable to use Monthly FareCards that they have purchased, or that problems may occur with Ticket Vending Machines. Our policies for refunds are explained below.
DayPasses, FareSaver Tickets and Monthly FareCards
- DayPasses and FareSaver tickets are non-refundable.
Monthly Fare Cards
- Refundable in the case of illness (substantiated by physician). Refunds will be pro-rated based on the number of days remaining in the month.
- Refunds and / or exchanges of monthly FareCards (for reasons other than illness) will be provided only if received prior to the first day of the applicable month.
- In situations where transit service is completely shut down, for at least three consecutive business days in one month, a pro-rated discount shall be applied to the purchase of a FareCard for the next month.
- Requests should be mailed to:
Burnaby, BC V5H 4N2
Requests may also be made in person at the FareDealer Office, main floor of Metro Tower 1 (adjacent to MetroTown SkyTrain Station), Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., or by calling 604.453.4490. Requests will be accepted, however, refund cheques will be issued via mail to customers. NO CASH or DEBIT CARD REFUNDS.
Requests for Refunds
- Refunds are only honored in the above mentioned situations.
- Refunds will be based upon the date received (in-person) or the Canada Post dated post-mark.
- Refunds will only be considered for purchases made via cash, debit card, or credit card. Gift card purchases will not be considered for refunds.
- No replacement for lost, stolen or damaged fare media.
All refunds shall be issued via cheque. Please submit the following documentation with your request:
- Receipt of original purchase.
- Name, address and phone number of requestor.
- Explanation for refund request.
Ticket Vending Machines
In the event of a problem with a Ticket Vending Machine (TVM) purchase:
- Refunds will be considered when accompanied by a receipt from the TVM indicating the amount to refund.
- Refund requests shall reference the station and where possible the TVM number of the machine where the situation occurred, as well as the date and time of the incident.
- Refund requests not presented with a receipt shall be reviewed for approval and investigated on an individual basis.
- Requests exceeding $10 shall be made via cheque, in all other cases a FareSaver ticket shall be issued.
- Refunds will only be considered for transactions made within 60 calendar days.
Requests for TVM refunds can be submitted:
- In writing to:
TransLink Customer Relations
13401 - 108th Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 5T4
- By telephone:
Tel: 604.953.3040 (Mon. - Fri. 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.)