Fare Zone Map
There are three fare zones in Metro Vancouver. The number of zone boundaries you cross during your trip will determine your fare. Use our Fare Zone Map to find out how many zones you'll cross for your next trip. Each zone is a different colour.
Click to Enlarge
*After 6:30 p.m. on weekdays and all day Saturday, Sunday and Holidays, discount fares apply and purchasing a one-zone ticket will allow you to travel through all zones.
Transferring between modes, or crossing a zone boundary and need an AddFare? Visit our Transferring page for more information.
Common Fare Zones
Certain designated locations of fare zones along fare zone boundaries have been classified as common to each adjacent zone. Passengers are permitted travel to/from such designated common fare zone locations for a one-zone fare.
Fare Zone Boundary between Yellow and Red zones
Passengers connecting between the following bus stops and destinations along the #28 bus route may travel for a one-zone fare:
- Kootenay Loop to Yellow Zone
- Hastings at Boundary to Burnaby/New Westminster in Red Zone
- Boundary at Lougheed to/from Yellow Zone, or to/from Burnaby/New Westminster in Red Zone
- Kincaid at Smith: to/from Burnaby/New Westminster in Red Zone
- Boundary and Vanness to/from Red Zone, by walking to/from Kingsway on Boundary Road
- Joyce Station: all Yellow Zone bus service and westbound SkyTrain service
Regular fares are applicable for any other connections.
Fare Zone Boundary between Red and Green Zones
- Annacis Island is a Common Zone. Passengers travelling between Annacis Island and either the Red or Green zone are permitted to travel for a one-zone fare. Passengers that purchase a one-zone cash fare on Annacis Island receive a two-zone fare valid for both the Red and Green Zone.
- Passengers connecting from all bus stops on North Road between Cottonwood Avenue and the Highway #1 Overpass (including the Lougheed Mall Transit Exchange) are permitted to travel into either the Red or Green Zone for a one-zone fare.
Municipalities by Zone
- City of Vancouver
- University Endowment Lands
- Village of Lions Bay
- Bowen Island
- District of West Vancouver
- District of North Vancouver
- City of North Vancouver
- City of Burnaby
- City of New Westminster
- City of Richmond
- Annacis Island
- Annacis Island
- Bus stops located on Barnet Highway at the Petro-Canada refinery
- Corporation of Delta, except Annacis Island
- City of Surrey
- City of White Rock
- City of Langley
- Township of Langley
- Village of Belcarra
- Village of Anmore
- Electoral Area "C" east of Indian Arm
- City of Port Moody
- City of Coquitlam
- City of Port Coquitlam
- City of Pitt Meadows
- District of Maple Ridge
Planning a Trip?
Use our handy Trip Planning tool to discover the fastest way to get to where you’re going!