Changes Coming at Bus Loops
August 23, 2012
Changes coming at bus loops
Bus bays to be re-assigned at certain exchanges
Students returning to classes at the University of British Columbia will find a few changes in their transit services.
As of Tuesday August 28, the UBC trolley bus loop will move from its current location on the north side of University Boulevard (next to War Memorial Gym) to the south side. The #4 Powell, #9 Boundary (beginning Sept. 4, as it only operates during weekday peak periods during the school year), #14 Hastings and N17 NightBus will all board facing eastbound. New shelters will be erected in October and bicycle lockers will also be available. More details of the new transit layout are available at: UBC Loop Re-opening
Also on August 28, the C19 Alma/UBC, C20 Marine Dr/Totem Park and C22 Hampton Place/UBC, which had been using the trolley bus loop during the summer, will return to their usual terminus on Student Union Blvd (outside the Student Recreation Centre).
On Monday, Sept. 3, new bus bay locations will take effect at Bridgeport and New Westminster Stations.
- #403 Three Road from Bay 4 to Bay 11
- #407 Gilbert and #430 Richmond-Brighouse Stn from Bay 5a to Bay 10
- C92 Sea Island South from Bay 11 to new Bay 5a (on south side)
- HandyDART will return to its regular stop on the north side between Bays 9 & 10
- C90 Sea Island North will be discontinued
In response to suggestions from customers and the community, three Community Shuttle routes will change their boarding locations:
- C3 Fraserview to a revised Bay 9 location on 8th St. between Columbia and the station entrance
- C4 Uptown to Bay 1 just south of the revised Bay 9 location on 8th St
- C8 Quayside to Bay 8 on the south side of Carnarvon (kitty-corner from Blackie St)
For more information, please visit www.translink.ca.